6 December 2018 | Moyo, Eden on the Bay – News Cafe – Viper Lounge – West Coast AC Clubhouse | 6pm until late
Date: Thursday 6th December 2018
Time: Registration / T-shirt collection from 4pm at Moyo, Eden on the Bay
Entry: Online entries open until midnight on Sunday 2 December. Entries will be take on the day from 4pm.
Start: 6.00pm from Moyo restaurant bar, Eden on The Bay (see map below)
Finish: West Coast Athletic Club clubhouse, aka. Table View Tennis Club (see map below)
- Moyo, Eden on the Bay
- News Cafe, Marine Circle
- Viper Lounge, Marine Circle
- The West Coast Athletic Club house (finish)
It is VITAL that all participants follow the prescribed route and cross the main roads at specified points. This is for your own safety and those around you!
Please note: The event starts and finishes at different places! It is advisable to park at the finish venue and make your own way to the start at Eden on the Bay, catch a lift with friends & family, or get an Uber, or run to the start. Whatever work.
- From registration participants will take a loop around Eden on the Bay to warm up and build that first thirst and stop back at Moyo, hopefully the registration ladies have had time to pack up and make space for the first round of drinks to commence.
- From here to the second stop at News Cafe is quite a long stretch of about 4km. The route follows the beachfront past Blue Peter, Ons Huisie, On the Rocks until the cycle path meets Beach Road.
AT THE PEDESTRIAN CROSSING TRAFFIC LIGHTS OPPOSITE DOODLE’S IS THE ONLY PLACE PARTICIPANTS ARE PERMITTED TO CROSS THIS BUSY ROAD!!! There will be marshals along here to police this. Participants who cross at non-pedestrian crossings may be disqualified without refund!
Past Doodles continue down to News Cafe for what will by now be a much needed refreshing drink!
- Just around the corner from here, no more than 200m away is stop no. 3, Viper Lounge.
- The final stretch takes participants along the road parallel to Blaauwberg road towards Bayside. At the large traffic intersection opposite Bayside there will be more marshals to assist folks across the busy road. AGAIN IT IS IMPERATIVE TO OBEY MARSHALS AT THIS POINT FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY!!! Remember most people will be quite tanked up on a few few toots by now, so please be extremely cautious.
From Viper Lounge participants are also welcome to take alternative means of transport back to the finish. Piling into Ubers or your mate’s cars will not be frowned upon.
- The finish is where the real party happens! First claim the 4th of your 4 included drinks, then relax and enjoy an evening of music by the local rock band Skeleton Crew and a DJ the rest of the night. Food will be available at a reasonable price and the bar will be open all night.
Cut off date for online entries: 2 Dec. (Entries will be taken on the day from 4pm)Entry fee: R195 – Includes event t-shirt and drinks at 4 venues.
Registration and Race Pack Collection from 4pm.
Run starts at 6pm
Start Venue: Moyo @ Eden on the Bay
Finish venue and After Party @ Table View Tennis Club, includes Live band, DJ, food and cash bar at the after party until late!