News & Blogs:
Latest club news and blog posts by the committee and club members.
- Comrades in 6 Days Challenge June 21, 2020 Massive congratulations to the 23 runners who participated in the challenge, all runners completed the 90km within the required 12 hours! ...
- WCAC Branded Face Masks April 27, 2020 From Captain Monique: Hi All, hope you are all doing well? And looking forward to our first outside run? Going to ...
- Monthly Awards – March April 27, 2020 Hi Westies Welcome to our MONTHLY AWARDS evening. Little different – but we can still celebrate our March winners. LEGEND AWARD: Justin Roux ...
- AGM 28 January 2020 – Report February 13, 2020 Please CLICK HERE to view the 2020 AGM Meeting Report as a PDF.
- February 2020 Newsletter February 7, 2020 Click Here for the February Newsletter.
- 2020 Long Training Runs January 7, 2020 Specifically geared towards Comrades training, all are welcome to participate in the club training runs even if you’re not aiming ...
- 2020 ELE League Cup Races January 7, 2020 1. Background The ELE Trading League Cup was born out of the idea of having reward and recognition for the ...
- “Rest” During Training? What Does That Even Mean? April 1, 2019 Introduction As some of you may know I attempted my first hundred miler during the month of March. While the event ...
West Coast is a club that recognizes achievements through structured monthly awards evenings..
Welcome to our MONTHLY AWARDS evening. Little different - but we can still celebrate our March winners.
Justin Roux for giving up his marathon at Weskus to help an injured runner. A selfless act from an awesome runner. Very proud to have you part of WCAC ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Tamara Maneveld Billimore for persevering like a champ to finish Weskus marathon. Coming back from injury and had to dig really deep. Very well done!⭐️⭐️⭐️
TRAIL RUNNER for March
The amazing Colleen Cross for completing the grueling Addo 44km trail run. Absolutely brilliant!⭐️⭐️⭐️
FEMALE RUNNER for March:
Nominees: Lisl Grobler, Itumeleng Molefe, Elisabeth Stavenga, Monica Paterson and Xolisiwe Tolokazi Booi.
MALE RUNNER for March:
Nominees: Nick Miles, Wayne Leonard, Willie Coetzee, Elijah Racoco, Anele Bans, Mafika Makhathini,Luca Boyana, Andre Pepler, Graham Hough, Japie Swanepoel,David Yuill, Marius Nel, Iain Park-Ross, Alan Berning, Henricus Cook and Osbourne Renecke.
And the winner is Luca Boyana on a brilliant 2:42 time for the Weskus marathon. A GOLD standard. Absolutely brilliant ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Very well done to all. The awards will be handed out at our first possible awards evening 🏆
- Metabolic Equivalent Minutes June 23, 2019
- Benefits of hill running May 5, 2019
- How Hip Flexor Stretching Relates to Running Economy January 27, 2019
- The surprising science behind why ‘easy days’ and ‘hard days’ make a difference in your workout January 20, 2019
- Why 85 percent Effort Is Important January 6, 2019
- Friends of Blaauwberg Nature Conservation membership December 24, 2018
- Workout Of The Week: Recovery Run December 10, 2018
- Make A High Stride Rate Work For You October 14, 2018
- Explosive exercises for improving running economy October 7, 2018
- The relevance of proper recovery runs September 30, 2018
Interested in joining our club or have a general inquiry? Send us a message, we'll respond ASAP.