Latest Blog Entries:
List of the latest blog posts by various club members. If you'd like to contribute as a blogger, speak to Justin.
- The surprising science behind why ‘easy days’ and ‘hard days’ make a difference in your workout January 20, 2019 Alan Green
- Why 85 percent Effort Is Important January 6, 2019 Alan Green
- Workout Of The Week: Recovery Run December 10, 2018 Alan Green
- Cape Town Marathon – by a Grand Stand Spectator September 26, 2018 Jacqui Giles
- Going gold: Sanlam CT Marathon race review September 25, 2018 Melody Mentz-Coetzee
- Walking – the taboo word amongst runners September 18, 2018 David Yuill
- The Joy of Trail Running September 6, 2018 Sofia Freeman
Interested in joining our club or have a general inquiry? Send us a message, we'll respond ASAP.
- Friends of Blaauwberg Nature Conservation membership December 24, 2018
- Make A High Stride Rate Work For You October 14, 2018
- Explosive exercises for improving running economy October 7, 2018
Join us on Tuesday evenings at the clubhouse for a run and some socialising. Summer times the pack run starts at 6pm, winter at 5.30pm.
Time trials are every second Tuesday. Results are logged on the Time Trials page for runners to compare with others and see their own progress.
First Tuesday of every month is our monthly awards, featuring interesting presentations and seminars and dinners sponsored by members.
Club kit and memberships can also be bought.
The bar stays open until late, all are welcome!
West Coast is a club that recognizes achievements through structured monthly awards evenings and a glamorous annual awards ceremony.
July 2018 Awards:
Male: Graham Hough
Female: Natalie Beckenstrater
Trail: Kevin de Klerk
August 2018 Awards:
Male: Iain Park-Ross
Female: Monica Patterson
Trail: Teretha Lourens