The idea behind this website is to be a one stop all inclusive information portal for both potential members and existing club members. Besides general club information we also would like the website to be interactive with contributions from the club community. To do this we are welcoming members of the club to become registered contributors to the News & Blog page, we only ask that contributors adhere to a few basic guidelines.
To become a contributor please contact Justin at email@example.com, I will set up a user name and password with access to compose and upload posts with images and send you some basic instructions to create interesting posts. Of course your access to the website will be limited to posting blogs posts only.
- Images: You are welcome to upload some photo’s to your post if they are your own images. If you upload somebody else’s images you need to ensure the owner has given you permission, and you need to credit the person who supplied the images.
Please ensure the images are of decent quality and not too big in file size. In the image settings a width of 300px is suitable, you can select the “Link to Media File” option then the images will open in a full screes lightbox window when clicked.
- Links: Text and images can be turned into links to other pages, websites and media files as required. Please ensure firstly that in the link settings you select “opens in a new window”, and CHECK the link to make sure it goes to the intended page and the content is clean!
- DO NOT post advertising or inappropriate content, even as a joke. Offenders will have access rights permanently revoked and you will be named and shamed.
- Keep the content to running, across all genres, in fact we’d love contributors from road, trail, cross country, walking, track, etc. Not just road races. But this is a running club website, not your personal diary or self-glorification platform. Admin reserves the right to disallow the publishing of non-suitable content to the blog page. All posts will be moderated (checked for suitability, NOT edited!) before going live.
- Start your article with some facts about the event. Location, route, distances, hosting club, etc.
- Write about some interesting observations about the event such as weather, vibe, the organisation, praises & complaints, etc.
- Then tell your personal account from the perspective of a West Coaster.
- Add your picture gallery to the bottom of the text content.
- Make it interesting, funny, fascinating and not just factual.
- Feel free to share your post to social media when it’s published!
If contributors can adhere to these general guidelines the blog content will be consistent and interesting enough for readers to come back for more.
For any queries please contact Justin, Website Admin, on 0617468928 or firstname.lastname@example.org.